I am an avid gardener and am re-visiting the use of leaves in my work. This leaf came from a maple tree growing in my yard.
Signed and dated June 30, 2023, "sunny"
5 1/2" diameter, 1 1/4" deep. Gift boxed.
* Slabbed and slump molded
* A maple leaf was rolled onto the clay's surface
* Painted with slip
* Bisque-fired, glazed with an iron oxide tinted clear glaze, and fired in an electric kiln
* Hand-washing recommended
***** Save on shipping when you purchase additional items from my shop and have them shipped to the same address. Shipping overages are promptly refunded *****
One Maple Leaf in a 5 inch Bowl - LV188
* Hand washing is recommended. The clay is porous, just like an unglazed terra cotta flower pot, and soaks up water quickly.
* Dry on a rack so air can circulate around the pottery.
* Place in a cold oven and then turn the oven on to avoid thermal shocks.