I am an avid gardener and am re-visiting the use of leaves in my work. These leaves came from trees in my yard. The platter is slightly irregular around the edge and is about 1 1/2 inches deep.
Signed and dated June 20, 2023, "sunny"
10 1/2" tall x 14 1/2" wide x 1 1/2" deep. Arrives gift boxed.
* Slabbed and slump molded
* Maple leaves were rolled onto the clay's surface
* Painted with slip
* Bisque-fired, glazed with an iron oxide tinted clear glaze, and fired again in an electric kiln
* Hand-washing is recommended and then place back on display to allow air to circulate around the piece.
You are displaying it aren't you?
***** Save on shipping when you purchase additional items today and have them shipped to the same address. Shipping overages are promptly refunded *****
Leaf Impressed Platter - Maple, Redbud, Sassafras and Tulip Poplar - LV182
* Hand washing is recommended. The clay is porous, just like an unglazed terra cotta flower pot, and soaks up water quickly.
* Dry on a rack so air can circulate around the pottery.
* Place in a cold oven and then turn the oven on to avoid thermal shocks.