I am an avid gardener and am re-visiting the use of leaves in my work. These leaves came from perennial geraniums I grow in my yard. The leave veins show very well but there are a few areas where the slip found a way under leaves and it's priced accordingly.
Signed and dated June 12, 2023, "rain finally!"
10" diameter, 1 1/2" deep. Gift boxed.
* Slabbed and slump molded
* Geranium leaves were rolled onto the clay's surface
* Painted with slip
* Bisque-fired, glazed with an iron oxide tinted clear glaze, and fired in an electric kiln
* Hand-washing recommended
Large Round Bowl with Impressed Geranium Leaves - 10 inch Bowl - LV178
* Hand washing is recommended. The clay is porous, just like an unglazed terra cotta flower pot, and soaks up water quickly.
* Dry on a rack so air can circulate around the pottery.
* Place in a cold oven and then turn the oven on to avoid thermal shocks.