Sun, May 22|
Macungie Memorial Park
Garden Tile/Stone Workshop at Macungie Memorial Park in the White Oak Pavilion
Create your own Garden Tile or Pet Memorial Stone - A Hands-on Clay Workshop. No experience needed! Gather 3 friends and you get a free workshop - use Coupon Code FRIENDS3
Time & Location
May 22, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Macungie Memorial Park , 50 Poplar St, Macungie, PA 18062, USA
About the event
Tiles and plaques will be the focus of the workshop. The clay is red earthenware containing sand with a coarse texture and when fired can withstand freezing temperatures.
The workshop is designed for persons aged 17+.
You will roll out the clay and use your creativity to decorate the surface with stamps, sgraffito (scratching clay) and applique (applied shapes) techniques. Assistance is available.
- Tools and ideas are provided
- You may bring ideas, images, stamps and cookie cutters to decorate your tile
- You will be working with damp red-brown clay - this is not a messy or muddy process!
- Dress comfortably for the weather and in clothing that can be washed
Materials - Two options are available
· Option #1 - makes a tile/stone that is 8” x 8”, ¾” thick OR a plaque 10” x 10”, ½” thick.
· Option #2 - makes a tile/stone that is 10” x 10”, ¾” thick OR a plaque 12” x 12”, ½” thick.
Sizes are approximate based on how the clay is rolled out. Your “leftover” clay can be used to make a few plant stakes or a small plaque.
Materials fee is due at workshop by cash or check Option #1 = $25 / Option #2 = $35
Get 3 friends to join the workshop and you join for free! Use Coupon Code FRIENDS3
Registration is required and class size is limited
The fired pottery will be available for pickup at the studio 4 weeks after the workshop.
Garden Tile at Macungie Park
This is the workshop fee. The materials fee is due at the workshop payable by cash or check. Refunds given for good reason (illness, family). Thank you for understanding.