Sat, Apr 23|
Macungie Memorial Park
9:30AM Garden Tile/Stone Workshop at Macungie Memorial Park
Create your own Garden Tile or Pet Memorial Stone - A Hands-on Clay Workshop. No experience needed! Gather 3 friends to join the workshop and you get the workshop fee for free! Use Coupon Code FRIENDS4 when signing up your group of 4 or more.
Time & Location
Apr 23, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Macungie Memorial Park, 50 Poplar St, Macungie, PA 18062, USA
About the event
This event is held in the White Oak Pavilion
Tiles and plaques will be the focus of the workshop. The clay is red earthenware containing sand with a coarse texture and when fired can withstand wet freezing temperatures.
No clay experience needed! Just a desire to join in the camaraderie of creating. A short demonstration showing materials, tools, and techniques will get you started!
Designed for persons aged 17+.
You will roll out the clay and use your creativity to decorate the surface with stamps, sgraffito (scratching clay) and appliqué (applied shapes) techniques. Assistance is available.
- Tools and ideas are provided
- You may bring ideas, images, stamps and cookie cutters to decorate your tile
- You will be working with damp red-brown clay - this is not a messy or muddy process!
- Dress comfortably for the weather and in clothing that can be washed
Materials - Two size options are available and are payable at the workshop
- Option 1 is about 6 pounds of clay and makes a tile/stone that is 8” x 8”, ¾” thick OR a plaque 10” x 10”, ½” thick
- Option 2 is about 8 1/2 pounds of clay and makes a tile/stone that is 10” x 10”, ¾” thick OR a plaque 12” x 12”, ½” thick
Sizes are approximate based on how the clay is rolled out. Your “leftover” clay can be used to make a few plant stakes or a small plaque.
Material fee for the clay is due at the workshop, payable by cash or check
Option 1 = $25 - Option 2 = $35
Gather 3 friends to join the workshop and you get the workshop fee for free!
Use Coupon Code FRIENDS4 when registering your group of 4 or more.
Registration is required and class size is limited
The fired pottery will be available for pickup at the studio 1 month after the workshop or by other arrangement.